Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 2012 Our Daily Bread Challenge

My participation in Operation Write Home's various challenges has been lacking, but what has been lacking even more is my creative juices since I went back to work at the beginning of November.  It is as if working in special education preschool sucks the life right out of my "MOJO".  I don't know if it is because I use it all up at work or because I come home physically exhausted.  To solve this dilemma, I have set up various challenges for myself which arrive periodically via email, using www.memotome.com.  If you are not familiar with this web site, you're in for a treat.  For FREE they will send you email reminders for anything.  You decide how often they should come, the date and the time, etc.  Anyway, once per month it is now set up to remind me to participate in the Our Daily Bread challenge. This challenge is important because if we reach a certain number of cards, Our Daily Bread will donate the cost of postage to ship one box of Operation Write Home's cards to our deployed heroes, up to two per month.

Anyway, this month's challenge was easy for me.  We were challenged to make a card using flowers.  You can see the challenge here, as well as other entries:  http://operationwritehome.org/odbd-december-challenge/  There is glitter on the card, which is normally forbidden, but the glitter I use is in the form of Tulip Fabric Paint, which does not rub off at all.  I like this particular "believe" stamp.  One could take it as a religious meaning, but my take on it is that it reminds me of the scene in the movie "Polar Express", and is more of an expression of hope.


1 comment:

  1. Adele, I did not know you had a blog. Beautiful cards!Perfect for the ODBD challenge!

    ReplyDelete